I know I’ve been quiet for the last couple of weeks but I promise you it wasn’t because I got wrapped up in Owlchemy’s Rick and Morty VR game (OK but I did spend a while in it)… It’s because I teamed up with an awesome crew/posse of folks and we created the Vancouver VR Community. I hinted at it in my last post, but I have moved my Vanncouver VR events calendar over to the community where it will now live and be merry!
While none of this would be possible without the team, here’s what I’ve contributed so far:
- Conceptual art for our logo
- Exercising my photography skills, I have been doing event shooting
- Managing the shit out of the Trello board, I have acted as project lead
- Fostering and reaching out to the local VR network
- Writing blogs, focusing on a monthly recap of all local happenings
- General THINK TANK steez
I hope some of you will join us on our Discord server and our Facebook group as well. I feel like I’ve said what we are all about over and over, so instead of saying it here, I’m going to link to our announcement blog.
There was a vacancy for an inclusive, open, grassroots-driven community for virtual reality in Vancouver, and I am excited to be a part of something that I hope will impact others in the future.